Alycia L. Wood, CP, FRP, a Senior Paralegal with Ryan Law since the firm’s inception, has more than 15 years experience in the corporate and private legal sectors. She is a Florida Registered Paralegal by The Florida Bar and was a Certified Legal Assistant in the State of North Carolina, much of that experience was in-house and with publicly-traded corporations. She is a Certified Paralegal as awarded by the National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. In the State of Florida, her litigation focus includes environmental, employment, and general commercial matters. She is experienced with handling complex, multi-plaintiff, document intensive litigation. She also has ABA-training as a paralegal.
Nature of Legal Practice
Mrs. Wood’s current practice areas include all phases of litigation relating to environmental, employment and general commercial matters. Her responsibilities include:
- extensive client and witness interaction;
- drafting of pleadings, correspondence, motions, and discovery, and respective responses;
- performing legal research and preparation of supporting memorandums;
- overseeing and organizing document production;
- maintaining detailed document control systems;
- deposition and mediation preparation;
- trial, including both pre- and post-trial activities; and
- implementing advanced, electronic technology to assist the firm and its clients.
Much of her prior practice areas related to a variety of matters, including general corporate concerns, mergers and acquisitions, commercial litigation, real estate, and corporate governance issues, including requirements of the Securities Exchange Commission and NASDAQ. She supported various corporate departments – most notably assisted in pre-suit litigation matters relating to real estate, employment and contract disputes and assisted with administration of corporate policies such as Stock Incentive Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, 401(k) Plan and insider trading.
Mrs. Wood possesses excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills which distinguish her from others, both to clients of the firm and to professional colleagues.